Lang’s Realizes Significant Increase in Participation & Customer Satisfaction After Launching their Mobile Bidding Application
After partnering with Auction Mobility, Lang’s launched their mobile, tablet and web interface in the fall of 2015. The platform provides a streamlined user interface, the ability for customers to easily browse the catalog, create customized notifications, watch the auction through live sub-second video streaming and participate easily in the bidding room from anywhere around the world.
Since the launch of the dedicated mobile, tablet and web experience, Lang’s has realized:
- Record realized prices
- Increased levels of customer satisfaction
- A reduction in back-office tasks
Use of the platform has enabled a shift in the business that was needed to continue growth and expansion of Lang’s.
Lang’s, based in upstate New York, is the largest specialty fishing tackle house in the world. Since its first auction in 1991, Lang’s Auction now enjoys participation from collectors in 44 countries and achievements such as world record auction prices in every category of antique and collectible tackle. Lang’s holds two major online only sales annually using the Auction Mobility platform.
Lang’s recognized the growing need for a technology that would provide bidders from around the world the ability to participate in the live, simulcast auctions because the customer base is so targeted.
Every auction is so different that it’s like opening a brand new store twice a year
Debbie Ganung, Owner
Lang’s went entirely virtual in 2009, using a different auction software provider, which lacked a streamlined mobile interface, technology stability and the level of customer service many clients had come to expect from Lang’s.
Lang’s wanted to work directly with their clientele vs. through an aggregate platform, bringing the revenue model back in house. They also wanted a better image quality when viewing the catalogue, since the clients are located all over the world.
After partnering with Auction Mobility, Lang’s launched their mobile, tablet and web interface in the fall of 2015. The platform provides a streamlined user interface, the ability for customers to easily browse the catalog, create customized notifications, watch the auction through live, real-time video streaming and participate easily in the bidding room from anywhere around the world.
Since the launch of Auction Mobility’s dedicated mobile, tablet and web experience, Lang’s has realized:
- Positive press around the services and capabilities within the market. Buyers and Consignors see that Lang’s has invested in a solution that has been designed and implemented specifically with the buyer in mind. It is intuitive and clear at every step – registration, absentee bidding and live auction bidding.
- Consignors are much more satisfied with how their items are being presented on Lang’s site without the distraction of other auction house catalogs/lots.
- Innovation has been a key marketing tool for Lang’s. Having real- time, reliable video both within the app and on the web has been a key factor in Lang’s success. Also, a native app for Apple & Android devices has shown their customers that Lang’s is investing in new technology in the auction industry.
- Lang’s customer service capability has increased exponentially since moving to Auction Mobility. They can help our buyer’s with something as small as changing a password to larger factors of new user registration and bid management – services that have never been available with other third party solutions.
- Lang’s has seen an increase in registrations during the last few sales. The SEO improvements to the platform is driving traffic directly into our catalog as opposed to being driven to a third party site where they would have to navigate to Lang’s catalog.
- Control over their website. In years past, redesigns of aggregator sites were not approved by Lang’s and they were always geared toward advertising items to bidders that may be from other auction houses.
In order to grow and expand their brand, Lang’s needed to dedicate their business to solidifying their brand globally and staying with the aggregators would dilute their brand and confuse their customers. The features gained with their solution through Auction Mobility have enabled them to do that and continue to grow their business.
“Consignors are much more satisfied with how their items are being presented on Lang’s site without the distraction of other auction house catalogs/lots”
Debbie Ganung, Owner, Lang’s Auction
Auction Mobility is the world’s leading mobile and tablet auction platform, providing clients with a unique digital experience to promote their brand across mobile, tablet and the web. Auction Mobility eliminates the distinction between ‘live’ and ‘in-person’ auction buyers by enabling them to participate equally in auctions via phone and tablet apps. Buyers can participate from anywhere in the world just as easily as if they were sitting just feet from the auctioneer.